School districts are likely to face fewer penalties for violating class-size requirements under a bill that passed the Florida House Friday on a...
Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Justin Peck is one of the country’s most sought-after ballet choreographers. Shepard Fairey is one of the most famous street artists in the world. Peck...
During his sophomore year of high school, Topher started listening to electronic music in the vein of dubstep and drum and bass. Soon he got hooked...
This week on the Florida Roundup, we discuss the week's news with the area's top journalists. LEGISLATIVE SESSION A bill that permits gun owners...
An effort to overhaul police and firefighter pensions is ready for consideration by the full Senate. The bill, SB 172, changes the way state...
The Miami metro area has a higher percentage of households relying on food stamps than nearly every other major metropolitan area in the country,...
Latest from NPR
- Fresh Air Weekend: Graham Yost, Review Of Courtney Barnett, 'American Crime' Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our...
- Arab Airstrikes Against Yemen Reportedly Could Continue For Months Yemeni President Abdel Rabbo Mansour Hadi described Shiite Houthi rebels who have occupied parts of the country, including the capital, Sanaa, as ...
- Amid Violence, Nigerians Go To The Polls To Choose A President Updated at 1:50 p.m. ET Nigerians turned out in large numbers to select their next president, a contest between incumbent Goodluck Jonathan and his...
- Pilot Who Downed Airliner Vowed 'To Do Something' To Be Remembered Updated at 11:05 a.m. ET The co-pilot who deliberately downed an airliner over the French Alps this week, killing all 150 aboard, had told a...
At Aging Conference, Old Is The New Black
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
The End of the Road Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Cooler, drier Saturday expected for Ultra
- LitLIVE! brings authors, readers together this weekend in Fort Lauderdale
- Miami Beach centennial concert rocks the crowd
- Police find car believed tied to hit-and-run that killed cyclist
- South Miami collaborates with FIU in canal study, to appeal judge ruling