Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Robert Lyle is a veteran international financial journalist who, until the global economic crisis, divided his time between Florida and Cornwall in Great Britain. For more than 25 years, he was the Washington-based senior economics correspondent for the RFE/RL radio networks in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. He was also a regular contributor to the BBC and other international radio networks from bases in Detroit, New York, Washington, D.C., London, Aix-en-Provence, France, and Munich, Germany. As a break from financial reporting, he has written about food and beer for the Los Angeles Times and One-and-Ale, a Cornish brewing magazine. He has written travel stories for National Geographic Traveler and Washington Flyer magazines. Since moving to South Florida, he has produced stories for WLRN's Under the Sun program and done daily news coverage for WLRN-Miami Herald News. He also occasionally appears as an extra or in minor roles in films.