Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Thu October 18, 2012
Allen West Is Still Raising More Money Than Anyone Else In The House
U.S. Rep. Allen West, who is famous for his confrontational Tea Party politics, has been dominating this year in terms of fundraising.
He is not only out raising his opponent, Patrick Murphy, by leaps and bounds-- but he is raising more money than anyone else running for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.
The Washington Post recently profiled Romney's biggest company donor, which is a Philadelphia-based orthopedic clinic. They also included some of the big money raisers in the country right now. At the top of that list happens to West.
Rep. Allen B. West (R-Fla.), a favorite of tea party members, raised $4.9 million, more than any other House candidate, including $2.4 million from donors giving less than $200. West also has benefited from spending by the Treasure Coast Jobs Coalition, funded by a $1 million donation from Richard Roberts, a New Jersey pharmaceutical executive.
Just like West's last race in 2010, his re-election this year is considered the race to watch. Murphy raised $1 million in the third quarter this year and has raised a total of over $3.3 million during this election cycle.
Taxpayer Protection Pledge