Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Sunrise In Party City
Tue May 28, 2013
Audio Postcard: Magic Hour On South Beach
Sunrise is a special time on South Beach, but on holiday weekends, it's a magic hour.
Right around dawn, there's a brief overlap as the night owls wind down and the early birds gear up for a new day.
"It's peaceful, it's quiet. All of the chaos kind of dies down," observed Malika Everette, who woke up early on Memorial Day to take photos of the sunrise over South Beach. Everette planned to post the landscapes to Instagram before heading back home to Atlanta.
The dawn hours are for locals, too.
"I love mornings," said Leon Ferguson, a security guard beginning his 12-hour shift on Monday in front of a beach hotel. "It's nice and cool, it's not humid, it feels good."
Not an early riser? Get a feel for the magic hour with this audio postcard from sunrise on South Beach: