Most Active Stories
- Why Doesn't The Sunshine State Use More Solar Energy?
- Free Rides In 95 Express Lanes Coming To An End For Hybrid Drivers
- How Panama Cut Poor Kids Out Of A Florida Millionaire's Will
- Despite Pioneering Integration, Jumbo's Did Not Survive
- Sholom & Mohamed: Brothers In Spite Of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
Wed December 11, 2013
The Basel Afterglow Still Shines Bright In Broward
If you missed out on the annual extravaganza that is Art Basel, not to worry. A Broward County gallery owner is inviting artists and art patrons to think outside the box – and outside of Miami Beach – when they hear the word “Basel.”
Starting Dec. 12, gallerist and professional artist Tom Rossetti hosts his third-annual, month-long “Basel Broward” event.
Rossetti started calling for artist entries for the juried art exhibit several weeks ago. He says every year, art lovers in all of South Florida get caught up in the Art Basel Miami Beach frenzy.
“This is a world-class show with so many satellite shows around Miami and Wynwood and the Design District," Rossetti says, "so why not bring some of the action to Broward or even Palm Beach? Let’s make all of South Florida an Art Basel venue for the world.”
This year’s edition moves Basel Broward from Pompano Beach to Rossetti’s new gallery in Wilton Manors.
Runs December 12,2013 - January 4, 2014
Admission is free.
Rossetti Fine Art
2176 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
The Sunshine Economy
Perez Art Museum