Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
On The Auction Block
Fri January 18, 2013
Bidding On The Glitz: Studio 54 Auction In West Palm Beach
A West Palm Beach art gallery is taking collectors on a trip back in time to the golden -- or silver glitter -- age of disco.
Items from the personal collection of Studio 54 owner Steve Rubell are going on the auction block tomorrow at Palm Beach Modern Auctions.
They include hundreds of photos taken in the hey-day of the legendary New York City nightclub. Rubell, who died in 1989, was known for his celebrity-studded parties.
Also offered at auction are Rubell's personal address book (open to the "J" page -- and you can see Michael Jackson's old phone number), as well as the Studio 54 guest book and other ephemera.
The collection includes original works of fine art -- including a bronze dollar-sign sculpture by Andy Warhol.
"Steve Rubell - Studio 54 Memorabilia, 1970's and Important Modern" Auction, Saturday, Jan. 19 at 12 noon, Palm Beach Modern Auctions, 417 Bunker Rd., West Palm Beach, FL 33405. Phone: 561-586-5500.
Video Games: No Longer Child's Play