Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
Wed April 24, 2013
The Biggest Ponzi Scheme In Florida History
04/24/13 - Wednesday's Topical Currents examines the saga of Fort Lauderdale Ponzi-schemer, attorney Scott Rothstein. News of the scandal broke in 2009. One of Fort Lauderdale’s top philanthropists had bilked some 1.4 Billion dollars from investors and charitable organizations. The scams supported his outrageously opulent lifestyle. We’ll speak with Chuck Malkus, author of THE ULTIMATE PONZI: The Scott Rothstein Story. That’s Topical Currents . . . Wednesday at 1pm on WLRN-HD1, rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.
Food and Dining