Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- This Is What It Sounds Like When You Put Miami Babies On A Pile Of Snow
Fri March 15, 2013
Capitol Press Corps Lampoons Lawmakers For A Good Cause
The 58th (Sometimes) Annual Capitol Press Corps Skits took the stage at The Moon nightclub in Tallahassee this week.
Members of the media lampooned lawmakers - and themselves – while raising money for the Barbara Frye Scholarship fund.
The crowd was treated to skits with titles like “Ethics Reform School,” “Jenny Wants Respect” (poking fun at Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll, whose resignation was announced the next day), and “Rick Should Retire.”
Gov. Rick Scott made his first appearance at the skits, arriving late and taking a seat front and center.
More than a thousand lawmakers, lobbyists and other politically connected folks in the Capitol showed up to hobnob.
The House and Senate even got in on the fun with videos and live performances of their own.
Check out the slideshow for skit highlights.
Margie Menzel of News Service of Florida contributed to this story.