Most Active Stories
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
- The Mistakes Of Martelly: Why Haiti's President Faces Angry Unrest
- The Rise Of Cyberbullying: The Case Of Rebecca Sedwick
- What Children's Authors Make Of Common Core And Education Policy
Wed October 10, 2012
Chávez Reelection Could Send More Venezuelans To South Florida
More fallout from the Venezuelan election. A real estate agent tells the Miami Herald's Alfonso Chardy there's nothing like fear to touch off capital flight.
President Hugo Chávez’s reelection could prompt a further exodus of Venezuelans to South Florida, leading more entrepreneurs to seek U.S. green cards in return for investments and more people to buy properties from Key Biscayne to Weston, real estate agents and immigration attorneys said Tuesday.