Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
Thu May 30, 2013
Child Abuse Prevention
05/30/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with an explanation of the Florida “Protection of Vulnerable Persons Act.” Child abuse reporting is now mandatory even for non-parents or caregivers. Anonymous tips can be given to a state-wide child abuse hotline. Our guests are Oren Wunderman, Executive Director of the Family Resource Center of South Florida and Stephen Pennypacker, ESQ, Deputy Director and Training Director for Children’s Legal Services for the Florida Department of Children and Family Services. If you suspect or know of any child who is being harmed, call the Florida Abuse Hotline at 1-800-962-2873 (TDD 1-800-453-5145). If you see a child in immediate danger, call 911.
And more at 1:30, Linda Gassenheimer with Miami Herald restaurant critic Victoria Pesce Elliott. They’ll discuss the flood of new restaurant openings and closing. Topical Currents Thursday at 1pm on WLRN-HD1 rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.