Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Wed April 3, 2013
Foreclosure, Citrus Trees, Failed Relationships And Traffic: Best Poems From That's So Miami
While all the submissions are being posted on our Tumblr page, we are curating the best of the content here on our website. Check out a few of our favorite submissions below and give us what you got here.
Leslie Fraser, Twitter:
2001 - home value $100,000
2005 - home value $600,000
2010 - home value $75,000
Home equity loan $500,000
Jesus Rojas Torres, Orlando, FL:
That’s so Miami, eighteen years of living in the US,
this city has thrown me into mental disarray
making me believe I’m living in America
what a joke,this is not!
whether in businesses, studies or love
almost everyone comes
with hidden aspirations or goals
wanna partner with me?
artificial city exhales only pretensions
filled with star-struck wannabes
yes, it’s sunny, yes it’s warm
there’s sex and there’s party
what is up Miami?
is that all you’ve got?
show me your spirit
and hurry up
you must grow up!
Exciting and Extravagant.
Guajiros in Bentleys.
Tostones and Champagne.
That’s so Miami.
Oh, stuck in traffic
Oh, stuck in traffic,
So much for that half-penny,
That’s so Miami.
80 yo broken hearted man
with a machete in one hand tackled
by FL State Ag Czar as they chop down
his beloved citrus tree. That’s so Miami.
That's So Miami