Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Tue October 15, 2013
Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?
10/15/13 - Tuesday's Topical Currents examines the 75-year prohibition of cannabis in the United States. 20 states have now approved medical marijuana consumption . . . two states have legislated limited recreational use. 52% of Americans, according to a Pew Research poll, support the decriminalization of cannabis. We’ll speak with Steve Fox, a key figure in Colorado’s Amendment 64 campaign, and author of Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driaving People to Drink? That’s Topical Currents Tuesday at 1pm on WLRN.