Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
The Florida Roundup
Fri January 31, 2014
Medical Marijuana Question Goes To Florida Voters This November
On The Florida Roundup: The Florida State Supreme Court allows a proposal to legalize medical marijuana to appear on the November ballot. We’ll see how that could affect the governor’s race.
Governor Rick Scott has a $72.4 billion dollar spending plan for the state: the biggest cut was to the state agency that runs the Medicaid program because the state won’t be receiving federal money under the Affordable Care Act. What will that mean for the approximately 3 million Medicaid recipients in Florida?
And President Obama reaffirmed his support for immigration reform - but without many specifics.
Join host Tom Hudson as he speaks with journalists Glenn Garvin of the Miami Herald, Margie Menzel of the News Service of Florida, and Sammy Mack, Wilson Sayre and Alicia Zuckerman of WLRN-Miami Herald News. And tell us what you think by sharing your thoughts below.
State of South Florida