Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Tue May 7, 2013
North Miami: A City Divided Along Racial Lines
The city of North Miami holds key mayoral elections this month.
But the new mayor will have the difficult job of reuniting a city divided between east and west.
And the divide has racial undertones, with mostly white residents on the east side and mostly black Haitian-Americans on the west side.
Miami Herald reporter Nadege Green covers the city, and joined WLRN to talk about the upcoming election and the dynamics of North Miami, Miami-Dade county's 5th largest city.