Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
Thu October 31, 2013
A Philosophical Conundrum: The Trolley Problem, or Would You Throw the Fat Guy Off the Bridge?
10/31/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with philosopher Thomas Cathcart and his book The Trolley Problem, or Would You Throw the Fat Guy Off the Bridge?: A Philosophical Conundrum. He’ll discuss a famous ethical dilemma. Say there’s a runaway trolley car. A crew of five is in its path, all surely to be killed. But wait. You are near a switch which could divert the car to an alternate track. But one man on that track is in the way . . . and again, surely, he’ll be run over. Do you take fate into your hands and divert the trolley? Also, Linda Gassenheimer’s Food & Dining with wine columnist Fred Tasker. Topical Currents Thursday at 1pm.