Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
- As Basel Expanded Beyond The Beach, Miami Became Its Muse
Thu October 31, 2013
A Philosophical Conundrum: The Trolley Problem, or Would You Throw the Fat Guy Off the Bridge?
10/31/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with philosopher Thomas Cathcart and his book The Trolley Problem, or Would You Throw the Fat Guy Off the Bridge?: A Philosophical Conundrum. He’ll discuss a famous ethical dilemma. Say there’s a runaway trolley car. A crew of five is in its path, all surely to be killed. But wait. You are near a switch which could divert the car to an alternate track. But one man on that track is in the way . . . and again, surely, he’ll be run over. Do you take fate into your hands and divert the trolley? Also, Linda Gassenheimer’s Food & Dining with wine columnist Fred Tasker. Topical Currents Thursday at 1pm.