Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Wed November 28, 2012
Post-Election, Pre-Session In Tallahassee
Things are changing in Tallahassee, but how much?
Republicans have lost their supermajority control of the Florida Legislature after Democrats made modest gains in both chambers in this month's elections.
What will that mean for future policy decisions and the state's unpopular governor Rick Scott?
Why will 2013 be his most important year, and is Florida's former Gov. Charlie Crist breathing down Scott's neck? Will Crist go after his old job?
What about new laws? From a proposed ban on texting-while-driving to education reforms, what will keep state lawmakers busy?
Tampa Bay Times Tallahassee bureau chief Steve Bousquet ponders a new-look Florida Legislature.