Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Thu August 22, 2013
Seven50: SE Florida Prosperity Plan
08/22/13 - Thursday's Topical Currents begins with an update on South Florida’s “Seven-50” initiative. “Seven-50” is a blueprint for steering growth among Southeast Florida’s seven counties: Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie and Indian River. It considers transportation, housing, jobs and the environmental concerns over the next five decades. Guests are: Michael Busha, Seven50 Management Team, Executive Director of Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council (TCRPC); Victor Dover, Seven50 Lead Consultant, Principal – Dover Kohl & Partners; Joe Quinty, South Florida Regional Transportation Authority Project Manager for the Tri-Rail Coastal Link.
And more, in the second half of the program: Linda Gassenheimer’s annual “back to school” lunch program, with dietary chiefs from both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Tune in for Topical Currents Thursday at 1pm on WLRN-HD1.