Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
Tue April 30, 2013
A Short List Of Journalism Awards Given To WLRN
WLRN-Miami Herald News has garnered an impressive array of journalism awards nationally and within the Southeast region recently. We decided to share some of this professional recognition we received from our peers with you, our readers.
Below are some of the highlights from March-April:
- WLRN-Miami Herald News secured a 2013 National Headliner Award for its election year project, Dispatches from the Swing State. The award is given out by the Press Club of Atlantic City and was announced in early March.
- WLRN-Miami Herald News was honored with a grand total of 11 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2013, the most of any radio news station in the United States.
- Within Florida, WLRN received 10 first place and 6 second place showings at the Florida Associated Press (AP) Broadcasters Awards, sweeping the “Best Public Affairs” and “Best Use of Sound for Radio” categories.
In the Murrow and AP award competitions, the WLRN-Miami Herald News team was recognized with awards for both “Overall Excellence”and "Best Website."
An Edward R. Murrow Award is the highest honor in radio news. Named after the legendary radio and TV journalist, the awards are presented by the Radio Television Digital News Association and recognize outstanding achievements in journalism.
The winning regional entries in the Edward R. Murrow competition will now move on to a national round.
That's So Miami