Miami Book Fair International
Mon November 12, 2012
Tweet Us A Story: You Can Co-Author A Story With Junot Díaz
Here at WLRN, we get excited about book fairs the way some people get excited about Fourth of July parades or Christmas pageants.
So this week, as the Miami Book Fair International descends upon our region and makes South Florida the center of the literary universe, we’re doing something special. We want you to help us tweet a story.
Here's How It Works:
- At 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 15 we will tweet out the first line of our collective story from @WLRNHerald.
- We are asking the community (that’s you) to respond to the line on Twitter according to where you would like the story to go. We will be using the hashtag #WLRNStory to keep track of the unfolding, crowd-sourced story.
- We will retweet the best second line, then the third, the fourth and so on. This process will be repeated until we reach 6:30 p.m., and hopefully an ending to the story.
- When it's all over, we'll post the story in its entirety here on WLRN.org.
- The contributions should follow a logical path, considering the previous lines and the general direction the story is taking.
- The story is to take place in South Florida.
- Don't overthink it! This is, frankly, an experiment.
We’ll see you in the Twittersphere this Thursday at 5:00 p.m. And don’t forget to check back here for ongoing coverage of the fair and its guests. Or you can come see us at the WLRN booth at the Miami International Book Fair street festival this weekend.
South Florida Arts Beat
Junot Díaz At The Book Fair