Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
The Florida Roundup
Fri October 26, 2012
Voting In Florida Starts This Weekend: What To Expect
On The Florida Roundup, host Phil Latzman hears from you about how you're planning to vote - by absentee ballot, early voting or Election Day at your polling place. Already Florida has had about 1.1 million votes cast by absentee ballot. But some voters in Broward and Palm Beach County say they haven't received ballots requested weeks ago.
In other voting news, fraudulent letters made to look as if they were from county election supervisors were sent to voters in 24 counties around the state. The letters, in envelopes postmarked Seattle Washington, say that the supervisor has received information calling into question the recipient's eligibility to vote.
Recent state ethics violation charges may affect how U.S. Congressman David Rivera does at the ballot. The charges stem from Rivera's days in the state legislature and add to a growing list of investigations against him.
And although Lynn University hoped to become the center of the politiverse, foreign policy issues of particular importance to the swing state of Florida hardly figured into the presidential debate. But who can name debate sites from the last election?
Congressman David Rivera