Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
The Florida Roundup
Fri August 2, 2013
What The Departure Of Education Chief Tony Bennett Means For Florida Schools
On The Florida Roundup: Our state's leadership goes through more upheaval, this time with the resignation of Education Commissioner Tony Bennett. He will be the fifth education head (including interims) to depart in the 31 months since Governor Rick Scott took office.
Why has there been so much turnover? What impact does the latest change have on students and teachers?
Plus: the Hialeah shooting drew national attention again to gun deaths in our state. We look at what factors - or at least correlations - can be gleaned about violence and gun ownership.
Host Tom Hudson speaks with Sammy Mack and John O'Connor with StateImpact Florida, Adam Smith with The Tampa Bay Times and Marc Caputo with The Miami Herald.