Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
Fri April 20, 2012
WLRN Staff Celebrates End Of The Canoe Project
Yesterday evening at Scotty’s Landing, the WLRN Miami Herald News staff celebrated the end of the Canoe Project and welcomed Terence Cantarella back on dry land. WLRN Miami Herald News anchor Arianna Prothero led a Q & A with Terence about his journey.
Terence was the man behind the Canoe Project, which was a four day long canoe trip through Miami-Dade’s canals. The project was an effort to shed some light on the unrecognized backdrop to our lives here in Miami-Dade: our city’s vast network of canals. These waterways completely surround us, yet, many of us don’t know where they go or why they are there.
The exciting journey came to an end yesterday. Thanks to all who participated in the project and joined in the conversation. It’s not over: keep an eye on the Canoe Project–we’ll report on our continued canal explorations. Also, next Thursday, April 28, Under the Sun airs Terence’s reflections on the trip.